Saturday, August 25, 2007

intern retreat


after the summit we went on a 3 day intern retreat with all of the new interns. it was a great way to get to know each other better. we had some one on one time with each other with questions like "what is something you are afraid of about being here?" it was an eye opening experience to know that they have fears too. we also did some spiritual practices. we did some solitude and silence time with God, that i must say was amazing. we also did a reflection practice. that is where you take time to look back on your day and see where you have seen God or where you aloud him to be close and where you don't see God or where you might have not wanted him there. it was a great exercises that i am trying to do everyday. it was a good couple of days that helped up bond. so i now finally have some friends. yeah!

3 comments:

dave said...

i miss you and i love you.

brooke said...

I am glad you have friends now! Keep writing! I love reading about your journey! Hi David!
Brooke G.

Cyndi said...

I love reading about your experiances too.
I pray you can revisit the way lyour were feeling at the retreat often. It feels so good when we can push away the world and connect intimatly with God.

Hi Brooke
Hi David

Cyndi